|
read story in Deschamps LH/3211 :
" Paris November 6, 1872
Mr. Secretary General [of the Legion of Honour]
I beg your pardon for writing you these few lines.
Sir, since 1862 a record in your office is designed to get me to the cross of the Legion of Honor. The record consists of evidence of conduct that I held in 1848 to try to save the unhappy general of Brea and the officers who accompanied him. I just beg you Sir to be good enough to do research [s] to me whether sadly my file has disappeared in the infamous fire [s] [the named Deschamps do not like the "s "it seems ...] of the Paris Commune. By doing so you render me a service that will be my eternal gratitude [the] [... he does not like the kind of agreements]. Awaiting your response, I have the honor to be Sir, your most devoted and obedient servant .
Deschamps, owner, former sergeant in the National Guard on horseback Gentilly Avenue d'Italie 150, formerly Route de Fontainebleau, No. 122 bis .
We do not really know what our wishes Deschamps, the Legion of Honor and then the confirmation that his file was destroyed by "infamous" fires the village ... and when in doubt he was told Jan. 27, 1873 (one minute of the notice is preserved): "Mr. Deschamps answered that all its parts were destroyed in the fire at the Palace " .
Fire is decidedly ruthless ...
" Paris November 6, 1872
Mr. Secretary General [of the Legion of Honour]
I beg your pardon for writing you these few lines.
Sir, since 1862 a record in your office is designed to get me to the cross of the Legion of Honor. The record consists of evidence of conduct that I held in 1848 to try to save the unhappy general of Brea and the officers who accompanied him. I just beg you Sir to be good enough to do research [s] to me whether sadly my file has disappeared in the infamous fire [s] [the named Deschamps do not like the "s "it seems ...] of the Paris Commune. By doing so you render me a service that will be my eternal gratitude [the] [... he does not like the kind of agreements]. Awaiting your response, I have the honor to be Sir, your most devoted and obedient servant .
Deschamps, owner, former sergeant in the National Guard on horseback Gentilly Avenue d'Italie 150, formerly Route de Fontainebleau, No. 122 bis .
We do not really know what our wishes Deschamps, the Legion of Honor and then the confirmation that his file was destroyed by "infamous" fires the village ... and when in doubt he was told Jan. 27, 1873 (one minute of the notice is preserved): "Mr. Deschamps answered that all its parts were destroyed in the fire at the Palace " .
Fire is decidedly ruthless ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment