Monday, January 19, 2009

Oxytetracycline More Red

In combat Épernon October 4, 1870



known victims of the War of 14-18 (see Wikipedia article on ) mutilation of the face, commonly called the "Faces broken" but do we know that in 1870-1871?
....
" Tréon, February 25, 1906

At Mr. Grand Chancellor of the Legion of Honor

undersigned Douin Pierre François Edmond, born August 23, 1848 at Luplanté (Eure-et-Loir) domiciled to Tréon, Canton of Dreux, have the honor of asking the Chancellery, the decoration of Chevalier of the Legion of Honor.

I think you have to explain that I was critically wounded in combat Épernon October 4, 1870;

1 with a bullet in his right shoulder,
2 of shrapnel that shattered my whole right side of the face breaking my jaw, nose and broke my right eye,
3 ° of another piece of shrapnel in the right hip (this outburst and had only the flesh of the right thigh don was not counted as an injury).

is fighting the rearguard action to protect the retirement of our soldiers that I was reached.

Despite my injury, I escaped to Chartres, I rejoined my battalion in Le Mans, it was the 4th battalion of the Garde Mobile Eure-et-Loir, I continued the campaign and I had two quotes to the agenda.

I must add that in five first cousins of my family who made the campaign of 1870-1871, three have died from their injuries and diseases contracted during the war.

I was awarded the Military Medal by the decree of 10 October 1871 (Registered No. 14699) and obtained an annuity for disability resulting from the campaign of 1870-1871.

I hope Mr. Lord Chancellor you will take serious consideration of my request the Knight's Cross of the Legion of Honor .
Sincerely,.

Signed: E. Douin "

This is the folder in LH/3212 (Douin Pierre-François-Edmond, soldier of the 4th Battalion, 2nd Company of the Garde Mobile Military Eure-et-Loir) of 33 parts of 1903 in 1914 (documents, correspondence, various recommendations including those of Gabriel Maurice Violette, deputy of Eure-et-Loir numerous reminders, two undated photographs, workshop C. Blin Chartres, etc..).

For the record, our Pierre François Edmond Douin will never cross, and through, he will request information on his sometimes fictitious Vital sometimes on his services (though his record is full of these pieces) but it is true that when the Grand Chancellor decides not to award the medal, and is generally the case for women (the canteen for the most part), then nothing is actually a 'no' until at the end ... until natural death of the applicant ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment